Wednesday 12 September 2007

My Very First Post! WOOT

I have finally got a blog! Something I did not think I would ever do, which just adds to the rather long list of 'things I don't expect to do but did' all due to Second Life.

I suppose a bit of an intro is in order. My rez date is 20/02/2007, I joined to see what SL was like and as an experiment (one day I may blog what the experiment was, but was successful!). I spent the first part of my SL exploring, meeting men, dancing, camping, and doing all the newbie things. About a month later I discovered NCI and met Talia Rosher who has become a very close friend (*hugs*). I have gradually become more and more involved in NCI and am now a Helper, Instructor, and Scheduling Officer (something I never expected to do).

Not long after I got involved in NCI, I met PeterCanessa Oh, a highly intelligent man whom I fell in love with (something else I did not expect to happen). We were partnered about 4 months ago, but he has been missing for the last month ( :-((( ) I miss him and wish he would contact me to let me know what is happening.

I have a long list of friends, to list them would take up the rest of this blog! To all of them *hugs*, you make my SL!

I am now a part owner (with Talia) of a small island (something I never thought I would do).

I am a reasonable Builder and Scripter (well _I_ think I am, but I may be biased lol).

My latest class was Prim Hair, I had a few days to write it and used Natalia's tutorial (with her permission via NCI) as a base. Natalia's blog is wonderful (http://slnatalia.blogspot.com/, check it out). The class was very nerve racking, I'm not sure whether it was a success or not, but I learnt a lot and hopefully will be able to improve for the next one.

Hmm, I suppose I should also put a rant in here as well, its not like anyone is actually going to _read_ this post in the near future lol (this is a serious rant though)
<rant>
We, at NCI, had a class on SL Sex for the Beginner, this class was more tame than sex education classes taught in schools to under 18s. This class has now been cut due to it being 'offensive' and that the location where it is being taught would need the Adult Verification flag enabled. All I can say is wtf! I have heard that some of those who objected to the class are into weapons use, if they are, I consider _that_ offensive. Is going round looking like you want to kill folk more acceptable than discussing (and only discussing) sexual relationships in SL? Is it more acceptable to kill folk in SL than make love to them? RL (at least the US) seems to be a 'Make War Not Love' society, images of dead bodies, beatings, shootings, are all over the TV for kids to see, but 1 sec of an adorned nipple and they are baying for blood. Sheesh, there are are naked stone statues in PG parts of RL, so why ban them from PG parts of SL (re Burning Life and NippleGate http://laetizia.wordpress.com/2007/08/29/burning-freedom/), we are adults not kids, and if LL want SL to be set up to protect kids, why the heck have a teen grid?
</rant>

Best finish, its my lunch break and I have other blogs to read (giggles).

Byee and Have Fun

Afon

No comments: